Sunday, December 6, 2009

GSP Encampment

The Girls in Green Uniform are very active, and always there to give their ultimate service to everyone who are in need of help. Yes, we the Girls Scouts of Ilocos Sur National High School are ready to face the challenges of life.

Last November 19-22, 2009, was the 39th Senior Scout Provincial Encampment held at CPC Campsite Pug-os Cabugao Ilocos Sur with the theme "Mother's Life and Health is Precious." There was one patrol composed of seven girls who represented our school to participate in the encampment, led by their ever active tita's- Tita Judith, Tita Elvira, and Tita Vangie. I was very happy because I was given the opportunity to join this activity. I can't explain to everybody how happy as I can be, most especially in doing our activities like going to Pikkang Falls to have an educational tour. We also planted seedlings along the mountain. I was challenged when we had a needle work. In this activity we sew gloves and socks for babies. There was also a lecture on ARH or Adolescence Reproductive Health. I learned a lot from this lecture specifically on how to prevent the diseases cause by STD and others. For me the best activity that we had was the cocktail party. Because we have to wear our preggy look alike style with its purpose to internalize mote the feelings of being a mother. During the closing program, we receive an award of "multi-talented patrol" and I individually receive the "Motherly Camper Award."

That ends the provincial encampment for the year 2009. It was a really amazing and great experience of my whole high school life. I hope there will be another joyous and meaningful encampment in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment